Wednesday, 2 February 2011

A still small voice.......


I prayed tonight and I listened. I listened carefully. I heard a small still voice.I have heard it before. It was telling me to write:to lay down in words the journey that I am about to take. I don't know why. I am not an extraordinary person. I am in fact quite commonplace. I am not eloquent or wise, but I am obedient. So here are my words, my feelings and my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, my fears and anxieties. The ups and the downs, the mountains and valleys, on my walk with my Lord.


I don't know where my journey will take me, but I do know I have a lot of love to give and I know my heart overflows with love when I think of Jesus. I know that the decision to relinquish my responsibilities at work last September and to take a large pay cut in order to make space for God, has blessed me and brought me a peace which I cannot put into words. I know God is changing me. I know I am not afraid.


I think that God wants to use me and I know I want to serve Him I know I want to preach his word. This is an exciting adventure and I know it is going to be difficult at times. I don't know if I am ready, but I do know I am here and I am waiting for that still small voice once again....

10 comments:

  1. Hey Helen, I shall be popping by regularly to read how things are going.

    It's quite a journey you have embarked upon and I will be interested to read all about it.

    Claire X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, you are a truely lovely lady and I wish you peace and happiness on your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE ready, for you've already taken the next step! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too will be following you on your journey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of wishes on your new life. Being willing is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen is it me or is this script hard to read...

    I don't think you have just started this journey... I feel that all that has gone before is the journey too, how can we hear if we have never listened and how can we watch if we have never seen, how can we do anything without having lived and now it is your time to be who you are. I feel you are blessed to have had the strength to surrender a huge part of your material and social world to follow your path further..to inch along an unknown yet well trodden highway with your God. My friend you have all my warmest wishes straight from my heart, you truly do xx
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brave and positive thing to do, thank you for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you are following your heart.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found you through Dog Daisy Chains. God bless you an this journey. Love & prayers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you courage for the journey and joy along the way.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete

It is my prayer that my words may be of some comfort or may bless you in some way...I love to hear from you and your journeys...every blessing H